Visit Saint Louis Galleria for Blood Drive
Saint Louis Galleria
Thu, Feb 25: 1pm – 6pm
Make a positive impact on your community
Being part of a community takes action, and we are here to answer that call. The American Red Cross needs the help of blood donors to ensure blood is available for patients in need. We’re honored to partner with the Red Cross Missouri to use Saint Louis Galleria as a blood donation center. Let’s raise each other up and support our community together.
Exterior Entrance between Cheesecake Factory and St. Louis Bread Co. NOTE: There is no access to this space from the inside of the mall. Please walk outside to enter the blood drive location. Look for the PINK doors!
Thurs, Feb 25th from 1PM-6PM
Covid-19 Antibody Testing
We are pleased to share that all blood, platelet and plasma donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies. Here's what you need to know:
- The COVID-19 antibody test used by the Red Cross is authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and may indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the coronavirus, regardless of whether they developed symptoms.
- The Red Cross is not testing to diagnose an illness, referred to as a diagnostic test. Individuals who believe they may be ill with COVID-19 should not present to donate until they are symptom free for 28 days.
- The blood donation process will not change — donations will be tested using samples obtained at the time of donation. There will be no charge to donors.
- Due to the anticipated high demand, appointments are highly encouraged.
- Donors can expect to receive the results of their antibody test within 7 to 10 days of their donation through the Blood Donor App or donor portal at RedCrossBlood.org.
- Donors need to have a successful donation to receive the COVID-19 antibody test results. Per standard donation procedure, only successful donations are sent to our laboratory for testing.